14.3.23

2023-05-14

 Had a really crazy week! I've been working on Rococo's Garden (code name for my next game) with Amine and Ashley and we've had some really cool ideas. I am just so grateful that I get to world build all day, seriously a dream come true!!

I am also so proud to see Songs of the Lost get nominated for an Amaze award 2023, super cool!! Looks like I'll be coming to Berlin. We were nominated under the Diversity category. I feel a little weird about that honestly, being mixed race has nothing to do with why I make games. I guess it is impossible to separate? Also the team is indeed surprisingly diverse LOL I literally never even noticed. We have 2 Mexican mixed race women writing and making art, a Japanese man programming, a black woman making music and an Indian man doing game design. 

I did choose my collaborators because of our shared experiences, Ashley and I work so well together because we have very similar backgrounds and have similar questions about our place in this world. Almost all of my most successful collaborations have been with diverse creators, probably because we understand each other easier. Anyway, I'll take this nomination like a shot of tequila! As my mama likes to say, "It's good for you". I am genuinely over the moon that Songs of the Lost is getting some recognition, we love what we created and are really excited to see the characters return in our next games. Our first nomination as Apocablyss Studios!!!!! YAY. Stay tuned <3 


^ Me chillin at my cool Montreal loft.
Some life drawing sketches from the last few weeks!!! 











No comments:

Post a Comment