23.2.23

Something from the present

Blogs!!

I almost totally forgot about this blog. I used to blog so religiously when I was just getting started with my art career, I will try to do that again, at least for a while. It's a great way to journal for the future!! I'm so glad I went with Blogger and not Wix or whatever!

I've been listening to the White Pube and they were talking about how RSS could be the future of consuming art and I was like, YES! The come back of Blogger. I feel so exhausted by Instagram these days, I've never been this hooked by something that wasn't a cute boi. I even started using ads, who am I!!

Anyway, so my life has twisted and turned into funny shapes since my last post. I moved to Nova Scotia for a stint and had a really beautiful and strange time. It's kind of embarrassing, but I went there to get to know my mostly absent father and spent the greater part of the pandemic in one of the most beautiful and haunting places I've ever been - Lunenburg Nova Scotia. I had a small 1950's fisherman's house all to myself with tons of yard space and some of the most glorious sunrises of all time. The town used to have 4 grocery stores at one point, but now it only had an art shack open to tourists for 3 months a year. 

At first I didn't know how to drive which was brutal because Blue Rocks was an hour an a half walk from the closest grocery store in Lunenburg. I had some of the most awkward and comforting bonding moments with my dad driving me to the pool and teaching me how to drive. 

I did my first residency with the Lunenburg School of the Arts, created a few paintings which I am still getting the hang of making, below is an image of a quick patch job with moss that actually turned out alright? I had accidently gotten glue all over the frame a day before the show and was like, I'll cover it in moss!!! Moss makes everything better 👀




 Here is a link to the animation I created https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFBPqkMehCg&t=13s





No comments:

Post a Comment